Why Does Level One PCI Compliance Matter?
Debit Success removes data security concerns from early childcare services.
You likely heard “Level One PCI DSS compliance” mentioned as a feature of Debit Success when you were signing up for the platform. It probably sounded important and good to have, but what does it really mean?
What is PCI compliance?
PCI DSS stands for Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. It is designed to ensure all payments processors properly and securely store and process credit card information.
PCI is independently assessed and rated by the PCI Security Standards Council and is scored against twelve requirements. These requirements are:
- Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data
- Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters
- Protect stored cardholder data
- Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks
- Use and regularly update anti-virus software or programs
- Develop and maintain secure systems and applications
- Restrict access to cardholder data by business need to know
- Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access
- Restrict physical access to cardholder data
- Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data
- Regularly test security systems and processes
- Maintain a policy that addresses information security for all personnel
Businesses must achieve an assessment score of 100% in each field to maintain Level 1 PCI Compliance. Debit Success has maintained this 100% score in all twelve fields since it was implemented as a payments process for QikKids.
Why is this important to my business?
With more and more of our lives online and an increasing amount of personal information stored online, data security is at the forefront of most people’s minds. Knowing the information your families provide to Debit Success is secure whilst removing the burden from your service to adequately protect this information provides you with peace of mind.
Whilst PCI compliance applies to how we process and store credit card information, it is essential to note that this level of data security is applied to all information Debit Success collects and stores. We have a dedicated IT security team that performs regular external penetration testing to identify and repair any possible areas of weakness.
You can rest assured that your payments data is in safe hands when you use Debit Success. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions about Debit Success or want to get started with Debit Success at your centre.