Staff are the backbone of your service—investing in them benefits your centre
Early childcare services with more experienced staff reported 8% higher occupancy
You can’t run your centre without staff. Quality Area 4 (QA4), Staffing Arrangments, of the National Quality Standard (NQS), seeks to ensure early childcare services employ qualified staff who work together collaboratively and professionally to deliver the best possible care to children. Continuity of staff (Element 4.1.2) allows children to develop, and educators are better able to get to know each child’s unique needs, interests and developmental levels.
How to Improve NQS Ratings in Quality Area 4—Staffing Arrangements contains:
- National Laws and Regulations for staff, including first aid requirements
- Tips for remembering the names of children in your centre—and the names of family members
- Ideas for improving collaboration between staff members
- Ways to use Programming & Planning (P&P) tools to assist with documentation
Download free guide.
Programming and Planning (P&P) tools do more than save you time
P&P tools can help staff function more efficiently, but they have other benefits:
- Storing QA4 documentation electronically enables you to meet Element 3.2.3 (Environmentally Responsible)If you use a cloud-based P&P tool, educator notes and insights are always available—to educators and supervisors
- If you use a cloud-based P&P tool, educator notes and insights are always available—to educators and supervisors
- Your centre’s handbook and operating philosophy can be stored electronically and easily shared with new staff